Sunday

Day 16 - Awesome Twosome

Alliteration is the commencement of two or more words of a word group with the same letter. For an example very close to home, we have the Pilates Place.
But that’s not the only one available – there’s also Jacq and Jack. We all know who Jacq is… but Jack?

Well, Jack is short for Jackie, who is the other half of the twosome who brought The Pilates Place to us mere fitness mortals. So far, my interactions with Jackie have been confined to chats before or after pilates classes but today, we were taking our relationship to the next level ;)

I was to participate in a class that Jackie would lead. This was going to be interesting. If you’ve never met Jackie, she’s a really nice person and she has the best posture I’ve ever seen. Like, ever.

The class started with a few limbering movements and then we moved onto the reformer. Within a few minutes of the session, I was already corrected for my form – I was not keeping enough of a neutral spine. That made me more conscious for the rest of the class and was a big help because I could actually feel the difference.

Jackie’s choice of movements, was different from Jacq’s – which is great because it added even more variation to the repertoire that I had been exposed to. Not that Jacq’s classes were routine or predictable, No No, not at all.
What I AM saying though, is that the styles and approaches of both Jacq & Jackie complement each other, making them a truly awesome twosome.

No comments: