Monday

Day 18 - The Weigh-In

Imagine Jackie arriving at the studio today grinning from ear to ear and toting an ominous looking paperbag. Had I been endowed with a couple more points on my IQ score, I would have turned tail and ran out of The Pilates Place.

Unfortunately, the heavens mustn’t have been in a generous mood when doling out brains on my birthday. Three-score and eighty-five after I was born, I opened my big mouth and asked Jackie what was in the bag. The answer: A weighing machine.

Great, just great. I was contented in the knowledge that my arms were on their way to being magnificently toned. It’s true – my arms were taut now, with minimal appearance of squishy fat and even less likelihood of looking dimpled when I placed my arms against my body, and I was happy, even overjoyed, with that. Why on earth would I want to put myself on a weighing scale?

But, at both Jacq’s and Jackie’s insistence, I took that all-important step. I kept my head up and winced while the twin heads of J&J bent over and peered at the rapidly rolling numbers that appeared on the scale. “what’s the damage ladies?”, I asked.

“No damage”, came the answer. “You lost 1.5kilos”.

“Sorry, what? I lost weight?... I LOST WEIGHT?!” WOOHOO! I lost 1.5 kilos! That was fantastic!

I jumped off the scale and hopped over to the back of the counter, searching for the tape measure. If I had lost weight, I must have lost more inches as well!
True enough, I had.

Arms: ½ an inch off the right arm, 1 inch off the left (hmm.. could my left side be stronger?)

Waist: A WHOPPING 2 inches off!

Hips: Still 1 inch slimmer from the start (maintaining that was good for me...)

Left thigh: slimmer by 1.5 inches (Yes!)

Right thigh: slimmer by 1 inch (still uneven loss but progress is progress)


Sweet… I'm definitely a bigger fan of losing inches & kilos versus IQ points...

No comments: